Yes, self- admittedly I am a movie buff. I self-realized it later in life. I also realized my inclination was more towards the non commercial movies. The movies which are more realistic than idealistic / super hero / action times. Though I have no issues in watching the movies where hero-beats-villain-gets-his love, I still prefer watching art movies / real life movies, where the main protagonist can still be a failure at the end of the movie. I would share my thoughts on some of these movies that I keep watching in this space.
1. "Driving Miss Daisy"
• Amazing movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy.
• Good story around the times of racism and prejudice in the American society. Has mentions of JT attending one of the talks of Marthin Luther King.
• In 1989 this movie won 4 Academy awards out of 9 nominations.
• I love Morgan Freeman’s movies – watched Shawshank Redemption, Seven, The Maiden Heist and this. Just amazing! Another movie that you can watch of JT is Fried Green Tomatoes. Simply Amazing!
• A must watch!
2. "Hachiko: A Dog's Story"
• Starring Richard Gere, Georg of Sienfeld fame.
• Amazing movie exploring the deep connection of dogs with human beings.
• Hachiko the dog waits for his master in the same railway station everyday for 10 years after the master dies.
• Based on a true life story in Japan.
• If you love animals especially dogs, this is a movie to watch!
3. "The Guatemalan Handshake".
• Kind of weird a movie, which revolves around a small electric car in an odd shape and the various owners it had.
• In the end all charachters are heading in different directions in their lives.
• This film won the Special Jury Prize in the Sundance Film Festival.
Post a Comment